Many families will leave the parks in the heat of the afternoon to go back to your resort for a nap, or a swim, and to relax. This can be a good idea. But you don’t have to if you don’t want to. Here are some of my family’s favorite places to nap in Walt Disney World.
For us, our kids have been able to take naps in their strollers while we were in the park. To us, that was a big plus. We were able to find some quiet areas to sit, relax, and enjoy a snack while they got their nap in.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Tomorrowland Terrace - The restaurant is only open seasonally, but that's sort of what puts this at the top of my list of napping spots. I can't tell you how many times we've used this place for naps.
2. Tomorrowland Transit Authority – The motion alone is enough to lull a little one to sleep.
3. Tomorrowland Terrace Seating Area – Provided they are not setting up for a Dessert party, this is a great out of the way place in the shade.
4. Walt Disney World Railroad – For some reason, V always fall asleep on the Railroad.
5. Hall of Presidents – Air conditioning a nice long show make for a good opportunity.
6. One of my son’s favorite spots for down time is Tom Sawyer Island, it's a great way to escape the busy park and let the little ones blow off extra steam.
7. Morocco – There is a room that is towards the back of the pavilion on the left called the Fez house. It is a cool, shady area with running fountains that make for good white noise.
8. UK Gardens – When the band is not playing, this quiet garden is a shady spot perfect for a stroller nap.
9. Morocco – There is a room that is towards the back of the pavilion on the left called the Fez house. It is a cool, shady area with running fountains that make for good white noise.
10. The American Adventure – I’ve seen so many people nap here. So, because of that, I highly recommend it as a place to unwind.
11. Echo Lake area – This off the beaten path section of the park tends to be quiet.
12. Voyage of the Little Mermaid – The darkened theater can make for a good napping spot.
13. Outside the ABC Commissary – Grab a snack from the commissary and let your little one rest.
14. Dinosaur Trails – The area between Dinoland and the Dinosaur ride is one of the best places for nap time.
15. Discovery Trails – You could also keep moving while exploring animals on the trail.
If you have infants you can utilize the Baby Care Centers located at all four parks. Its great way to get away from the crowds especially if baby is cranky.
The monorail and boats are another nap opportunity especially in the afternoon hours when they are less utilized and you can ride them around as long as you like. Get off at one of the resorts and you can relax in the lobby or stroll around the property while your little one is napping (Contemporary or Grand Floridian is our favorites).
Do you have any suggestions for a great nap time spot?